Thursday November 4
There are 139 new cases in the community today. 136 in Auckland, 2 in Waikato, 1 in Northland.
The total cases in this community outbreak is now 3,871.
67 of today’s 139 cases are yet to be epidemiologically linked to the community outbreak.
Last night, a person with Covid-19 who had been self-isolating in Auckland was found dead at home. It is unknown if the death is related to Covid or another cause. This will be determined by the Coroner.
In a press release, the Ministry of Health said “[Our] condolences are with this person’s whânau at this sad time”.
- Today’s Northland case is a close contact of the two previously reported Taipa cases and has been isolating at home.
- Northland has now had a total of 15 community cases.
- There were 1,833 tests taken across Northland yesterday.
- Both cases found in Waikato today were in Hamilton.
- Both cases were known contacts of previous cases.
- Waikato now has a total of 146 community cases.
- 26,999 vaccines were administered yesterday: 6,659 first doses; 20,340 second doses
- 73% of the eligible Māori population have now received their first dose, 54% have received their second.
- 86% of eligible Pacific peoples are partially vaccinated, 70% are fully vaccinated.
- 89% of the total eligible population have received their first dose, 77% have received their second.
- 64 cases are currently in hospital (up from 58 yesterday).
- The average age of Covid patients in hospital is 51.
- Five of these hospitalisations are in the intensive care unit.