Tuesday November 16
There are 222 new cases in the community today. 197 in Auckland, 20 in Waikato, 1 in Northland, 2 in Wairarapa and 2 in Lakes.
Sadly, there is also an additional Covid-related death to report today.
The patient was in their late 70s and was admitted into Auckland City hospital on 11 November.
In a press release, the Ministry of Health said “Our thoughts are with the patient’s whānau and friends at this deeply sad time.
We would also like to acknowledge the team at Auckland City Hospital and all healthcare workers for their continued hard work and dedication.”
- Of today’s 20 cases in Waikato, nine were from Ōtorohanga, seven from Hamilton, one from Te Awamutu, one from Te Kuiti, and two are awaiting confirmation.
- 14 of today’s Waikato cases have been epidemiologically linked to the community cluster. Investigations into the remaining six are underway.
- Of today’s two cases in Lakes, one was first announced by the Ministry of Health yesterday but is officially being added to today’s numbers.
- The other case is a known household contact.
- Two cases reported in Wairarapa today – one of which was first announced by the Ministry of Health yesterday.
- Both cases are based in Masterton and are currently in isolation.
- Today’s new Northland case is currently in Auckland but has a residential address in Northland.
- This case is linked to another case within the same household.
- 91 cases are currently in hospital (up from 90 yesterday).
- The average age of Covid patients in hospital is 48.
- Seven of these hospitalisations are in the intensive care unit.
- 21,442 vaccines were administered yesterday: 7,764 first doses; 13,678 second doses.
- 90% of the total eligible population have received their first dose, 81% have received their second.