Friday 19 November
Auckland DHB is on track to be the first in the country to meet the 90 percent vaccination milestone. There are also 198 new cases today.
The Ministry of Health released today’s Covid update via statement.
It says Auckland DHB is on track to have 90 percent of its eligible population fully vaccinated by this afternoon. Anyone over 12 is eligible to be vaccinated. A breakdown by ethnicity was also provided. In Auckland DHB, 75percent of Māori are fully vaccinated, while 78 percent of Pasifika are fully vaccinated.
The Auckland DHB is also one of three DHBs in the city, with Waitematā and Counties Manukau covering the western, northern and southern parts of the region.
Vaccination rates are also being monitored closely in other DHB areas, particularly those with active cases. These are:
- Northland: 73 percent fully vaccinated
- Auckland metro (Auckland, Waitakere and Counties Manukau DHBs): 87 percent fully vaccinated
- Waikato: 80 percent fully vaccinated
- Taranaki: 77 percent full vaccinated
- Canterbury: 84 percent fully vaccinated
- Lakes DHB: 75 percent fully vaccinated
- MidCentral: 80 percent fully vaccinated
- Bay of Plenty: 77 percent fully vaccinated
- Wairarapa: 80 percent fully vaccinated
Of today’s 198 new cases, 152 are in Auckland, 30 are in Waikato, 5 are in Northland, 6 are in the Bay of Plenty, and 2 are in the Lakes DHB area. The MidCentral, Wairarapa and Canterbury DHBs all have 1 new case each.
There are 76 people in hospital, with 6 in the ICU or high dependency unit.