By Cass Marrett
“Whenever we use sexuality as a place for our own healing and growth, we carry this freedom in our voice, this confidence in our boundaries, this safety in our bodies.” We follow the individual journeys of four women trying to reclaim their sexual pleasure by examining their vulnerabilities and drawing strength from them.
This story is part of Re:'s Pleasure Week.
See here for more stories about pleasure and sex, from bridging the pleasure gap between women and men, to teaching straight men the joys of stimulating their anus to kākāpō sex helmets.
Where to get help:
- 24 hour nationwide helpline Safe2Talk: 0800 044 334
- 24/7 helpline Wellington Sexual Abuse HELP: 04 801 6655
- RapeCrisis directory to services across the country: www.rapecrisisnz.org.nz
- (Not for crisis support): For education programs around preventing sexual violence: RespectEd
- Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse Aotearoa: www.malesurvivor.nz
- To report your experience to the police, call 111 or the non-emergency line 105